While most homeowners choose garage doors on budget, you should choose a garage door type that offers heightened security, durability and saves space. When talking about a reliable garage door type that offers all of these benefits, a Roll-up garage door takes the lead.
Roll-up garage doors, often called overhead doors, either roll up or down. Known for its versatility, durability, and attractive design, a roll-up door takes the least amount of space in a garage. You can either place it along with the ceiling or wall, depending on your garage size.
Some of the most popular roll-up garage materials are steel, aluminum, fiberglass, and wood. Keep in mind, the price and installation cost will go up with the choice of material, garage door size, and insulation.
You can choose from two types of roll-up.
- A single skin door is a basic roller door with the least or no insulation and security.
- The double-skinned aluminum roller door comprises individual foam filled with slats. It’s quieter and provides a higher level of security and insulation.
Top 10 Roll-up Garage Doors
We have listed the ten highest-rated roll-up garage doors to help you choose the best roll-up garage door.
1. 400M Heavy-Duty Garage Door -IdealDoor
400M is a heavy-duty garage door from IdealDoor that comes in many different sizes. Made from 26 gauge premium steel, the door curtain provides maximum durability and resistance against damage.
The no-horizontal track rolls above the doorway hence saving backroom space. The siliconized polyester paint protects the door from rainwater, wind, moisture, and salt, along with offering a 10-yr No-Fade warranty.
About 400M Heavy-Duty Garage Door -IdealDoor
- 400M heavy-duty metal door features EZ-SET® Roll-Up Ratchet Spring System, which accurately fine-tunes the tension springs to save more space.
- A 26 gauge steel curtain yields greater strength and prevents damage.
- It features a no-horizontal track. The door rolls up above the doorway.
- The steel-barrel tube housing protects the torsion springs and strengthens the axle for smoother operation and durability.
- Each 400M door unit is both manual and motor-operated.
- It also offers a double inside slide lock, Nylon strapping on curtain edges, radial ball bearings, and a reduced drive chain hoist.
2. Model 2000 – Medium Duty Commercial Roll Up Door
Model 2000 is a medium-duty commercial roll-up door that offers maximum security, minimum maintenance, and durability. Made from 26 gauges, hard galvanized steel, and painted with durable polyester paint, the door withstands all kinds of vandalism, weather, and breakage.
Choose from door sizes ranging from 8-feet to 12-feet wide and 8-ft to 16-ft high. The makers also offer a one-year warranty.
About Model 2000 – Medium Duty Commercial Roll Up Door
- Completely “Made in the USA.”
- The door curtain is made from the 26 gauge corrugated, full hard galvanized grade 80 steel. It’s also coated with Super Durable polyester paint that comes with a 25-year no-fade limited paint warranty.
- Well insulated with foil-backed, dual-layer of heavy-duty polyethylene air-bubble insulation (R-value 4)
- The tough, heavy-duty nylon stripping controls curtain stretch and works in conjunction with the vinyl guide strip to reduce wear and noise.
- A reduced drive chain hoist allows for smoother operation.
- A cam-action spring tension holding device offers easy adjustment of spring tension.
- It comes equipped with a wall-mounted jackshaft electric operator and the pantheon range of a low voltage garage door motor.
3. Roll Up Door 650 – Lux Doors
Roll-up door Model 650 is designed for maximum durability, quick installation, and easy maintenance. It comes with standard features such as a ratchet tensioner, an enclosed barrel housing a dead axle assembly, and a built-in stainless steel latch. It doesn’t require any upgrade.
About Roll Up Door 650 – Lux Doors
- This is a 3-ft x10-ft or 7-ft x 10-ft roll-up door for a single garage door and storage unit.
- Made from reinforced 12-gauge industrial steel for added durability and weather resistance.
- It comes equipped with garage door components and accessories, including ratchet tensioning device, head axle, torque tube assembly; hardware, guide rails, mounting brackets, tensioner, lock/latch, and mounting components for masonry/wood or steel.
- Comes in 22 different varieties of colors for all garage types.
- Offers a quick installation.
- It comes with a manual spring assist. A manual roll-up door doesn’t include a motor or battery.
- Each spring is coated with a generous amount of grease that penetrates the spring’s innermost pores with additives and displaces moisture and rust.
4. EverServe™ Rolling Steel Service, Model 610S
EverServe™ Model 610s is a heavy-duty, spring-less service door well suited for garages that seek security and performance. The fenestration option allows for air circulation and visibility. You can get doors measuring up to 30-ft wide and 20-ft high. It comes equipped with an electronic controller with microprocessor self-diagnostics. You can also get a digital readout for door action, alarm conditions, and fault conditions. Choose from four different finishes: Gray, Tan, White, and Brown.
About EverServe™ Rolling Steel Service, Model 610S
- EverServe™ rolling steel service door comes with a 36-month limited warranty.
- It features an electronic controller with microprocessor self-diagnostics. Digital readout indicates door action, alarm conditions, and fault conditions.
- It’s made from 24-gauge galvanized steel for added durability.
- Two PowderGuard® Premium powder-coated black angles (min. thickness 3/16”) with weather-strip.
- Direct drive integrated gear/motor/brake assembly.
- Built-in brake mechanism provides additional security against uncontrolled curtain travel.
- The Photoelectric safety sensors come with guards to prevent obstruction, damage, and scratches.
5. Allura® 653RX Rolling Shutter
Allura® Model 653RX from Overhead Door provides security against unwanted access from the street into driveways. It’s made for high traffic areas and is specially designed to prevent the door’s rear drive from gaining access. It comes with a weather-resistant enclosure, direct-drive operation with monitored photo eyes, and a cylinder locking option for added security.
About Allura® 653RX Rolling Shutter
- It features extruded aluminum curtain. Choose from three slat doors styles; solid, perforated, and fenestrated.
- Choose from custom sizes up to 16-ft wide x 12-ft high.
- Select from four standard powder coat finishes; white, almond, silver, and bronze.
- PowderGuard® Premium powder coat finish options are available in approximately 200 colors and custom matching to specifications.
- UL 325 listed for residential exterior shutter application with monitored NEMA 4X photo eyes and door force detection for safety
- Battery Backup included for operation during brief power outages. The manual operation included.
- One-Year limited warranty on core unit parts, and two years limited warranty on other parts.
6. Rolling Service Door -BestDoor
The rolling service door from BestDoor.us features solid slat rolling doors that are perfect for residential and commercial use. It’s available in various gauges (18, 20, 22, and 24) in stainless steel, aluminum, or Galvalume. The durable service door qualifies for wind (+65/-65 to +100/-100), fire, smoke, and sound. Choose your preferred finish for your garage galvanized, primed grey, and primed white. Each door unit can stand a minimum of 10,000 cycles per year.
About Rolling Service Door -BestDoor
- The rolling service door meets wind load requirements. Check Wind Load Testing in every purchase: +65/-65 or +100/-100.
- It’s made from 2.5” wide metal slats roll-formed to interlace together to create a continuous steel curtain.
- It features high gauge (18, 20, 22, 24) stainless steel, aluminum, and galvalume.
- Depending on your garage, you can choose from the motor, chain, hand-crank, or push-up operation.
- Battery backup is available for emergency use during a power outage.
- Available Finishes: Standard finishes in Galvanized Grade, Primed Grey, and Primed White. (Powder coating finishes available upon request)
- Bottom bar options include single angle, double angle, tubular (extruded alum.), or “T” bottom bar.
- 2-year warranty against defects in materials and quality.
- Cycle Usage: Cycle usage available up to 10,000 cycles per year. High Cycle performance available up to 100,000 cycles on additional charges).
7. Steel Insulated Roll-Up Door -Best Roll-Up Door Inc.
Steel insulated roll-up door from Best Roll-Up Door Inc. features a 22 gauge steel flat-faced slat fitted with expanded polystyrene 3/4″ thick foam and concealed by a 24 gauge back slat for added security and insulation.
The one-of-a-kind roll-up garage door can fit up to a 40′ door opening. Choose from excellent finish or galvanized steel; and motor, chain, or crank hoisted unit. This roll-up door works best for both commercial warehouses and residential garages.
About Steel Insulated Roll-Up Door -Best Roll-Up Door Inc.
- Choose from available steel slat doors thickness; 18, 20, or 22 gauge.
- It’s covered and concealed by a 24 gauge back slat and galvanized zinc coating.
- It’s designed to withstand wind loads of up to 20 PSF in a fully closed position and can be upgraded to withstand wind loads up to 95 PSF.
- Spring tension (Helical torsion with a 25% overload factor) can be adjusted from the outside of the end bracket plate.
- Sealed ball-bearing to minimize wear of pipe shaft rotating around the inner shaft.
- Overhead hoods made from 24 gauge stainless steel to enclose and protect curtain and counterbalance.
- Choose from a manual chain hoist or electric motor operation.
- Sensor Edge: An electronic sensor edge is available on power-operated to reverse the door travel upon encountering an obstruction for safety.
- High Cycle Springs: Motorized door that requires 50,000 to 100,000 cycles. Very high cycles over 100,000 are also available.
8. Stainless Steel Counter Roll-Up –Best Roll-Up Door Inc.
The stainless steel counter roll-up door from best Roll-Up Door Inc. is manufactured to fit an opening that is too small for a regular roll-up. It meets a diversity of both commercial and residential applications. You can choose from a motor, chain hoist, crank, or manually operated door. It can be used for indoor purposes as well, including ticket offices, kitchens, and cafeterias. You can also upgrade the unit with straight end locks, high wind load (95 PSF), Aluminum bottom track, electronic sensor edge, high cycles (100,000), and powder coat finish.
About Stainless Steel Counter Roll-Up
- It features stainless steel slats formed in a cold-roll process and interlocked with galvanized steel and zinc coated to form curtains.
- Choose from available steel slat thicknesses; 18, 20, 22, and 24 gauge.
- Choose from custom sizes for both exterior and interior uses.
- The roll-up door can withstand wind loads of up to 20 PSF (fully closed position). You can upgrade it to a 95 PSF wind load upon request.
- 24 gauge galvanized steel hood to enclose curtain and counterbalance.
- Choose to upgrade the unit with straight end locks, aluminum bottom track, electronic sensor edge, high cycle springs (50,000 – 100,000), and powder coat finish.
9. DuraCoil™ Rolling Service Door
DuraCoil™ rolling service door is a high-grade rolling door designed for commercial and industrial applications. It comes in varied materials (aluminum, steel, or stainless steel), slat types (flat, insulated flat, slight contour, large contour, or perforated), and signature DuraCoil insulation an air infiltration system. You can also choose from power-coated colors in any of 188 ArmorBrite colors to match the building.
About DuraCoil™ Rolling Service Door
- Each DuraCoil curtain is assembled with durable, heavy-gauge steel in various materials (aluminum, steel, and stainless steel).
- Choose from five different slat types; flat, insulated flat, slight contour, large contour, and perforated.
- It ensures years of reliable operation in heavy-use applications such as multi-tenant parking facilities.
- It also offers a pedestrian door for easier entry and exit.
- A vinyl extrusion decreases energy costs and reduces air infiltration by sealing the side of the door when closed
- Choose from five different finishes; white, gray, tan, stainless steel, and aluminum.
- Raynor warrants the door and its parts for one year against defects in material and artistry.
10. Insulated Rolling Steel Door – Heavy, BestDoor
Insulated doors from BestDoor.us features double skin interlocking roll-formed metal slats filled with EPS-expanded polystyrene insulation (R-value 8) for both commercial and residential garages. It combines security, insulation, and sound control in one. Each unit can withstand high wind velocity up to 175 MPH. It’s also applicable for garages with low headroom.
About Insulated Rolling Steel Door – Heavy, BestDoor
- This product is Dade-County approved for Hurricane, up to 175 MPH.
- It features signature Therma Control with EPS-expanded polystyrene insulation (R-value 8).
- It’s made from heavy-duty stainless steel and aluminum with 24, 22, 20, and 18 gauges.
- These are very lightweight and easy to install.
- Available for Counter Shutter applications and areas that have low headroom.
- Available for large opening widths of 60’ – 0” or as small as 2’ – 0” wide.
- The typical slat width is 2.5”.
- Available Finishes: Standard Galvanized, Primed Grey, and Primed White.
- It can withstand a minimum of 15,000 cycles per year.
- Powder Coating finishes available upon request at an additional cost.
- Mill and Anodized finish for aluminum parts available upon request at an additional cost.
- Motor, Chain, Hand-Crank or Push-Up operation available upon request
- Sound rated: ASTM E90 / STC 26. Air-leakage Rated ASTM E282.