Garage door insulation helps to save energy and reduce your electricity bill.
How does an insulated garage help save energy and money? Well, because garages aren’t considered living space. The garage’s construction is different from your other rooms mainly because it doesn’t serve as a place you’d stay longer. Hence, garages aren’t constructed with insulation in mind.
It makes one of the energy-efficient parts of your home. The uninsulated garage door can easily transfer cold air inside the garage that will easily reach adjoining rooms through adjoining walls, gaps, and holes.
According to IDCAutomatic,
Garages tend to act as a buffer zone between the heated indoor and outdoor weather. If you live in a colder region, the insulated garage door will play a vital role in saving energy bills.
They measured temperatures inside of an uninsulated garage in 20-degree weather. With a single-layer door (no insulation), the garage’s temperature was only 30 degrees. But with an insulated garage door, temperatures inside the garage climbed to 42 degrees.
Importance of Garage Door Insulation Kit
- An insulated garage door helps to save on energy bills by preventing heat loss. It acts as a buffer zone between the heated indoor and outdoor weather.
- Insulated garage doors are more durable than single-layer garage doors. They’re made with durable steel or an aluminum frame filled with solid-core insulation. Along with creating a strong barrier against the outside weather, it also helps maintain the garage’s temperature.
- Insulated garage doors help to minimize noises because they’re more tightly constructed than normal garage doors. They’re often heavier than normal garage doors that make them less likely to jolt or vibrate.
- The insulated garage door also helps to keep your vehicle, tools, and equipment from cold. Cold weather can often shorten a car’s battery life, thicken its transmission and brake fluids, and create low air pressure in tires.
- Insulation keeps your garage warmer so you can for other than parking car too. You can do occasional activities in it like exercising.
- Double and triple layer doors with a thick layer of polystyrene and polyurethane can provide enough insulation to a garage door.
To ensure that your garage is properly insulated, you can look into some factors
- Opt-out of garage windows as they allow a lot of heat to escape
- Choose proper materials when building a garage door such as steel with a thick layer of polyurethane for insulation.
- Buy a garage door insulation kit that will help convert your normal garage door to an insulated garage door at no time.
Garage Door Insulation Kit
Here is a list of four garage door insulation kits that you can easily find on Amazon.
Owens Corning Garage Door Insulation Kit
Owens Corning’s Garage Door Insulation Kit is one of the most dependable insulation kits. Each kit can provide enough material to insulate an entire garage door measuring up to 9-feet wide. The kit comprises (8) durable R-9 fiberglass insulation panels with a tough white vinyl facing.
Owens is one of the global leaders in manufacturing the best insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composite materials.
About this product
- It’s insulated and fire-resistant. It can help to conserve energy and improve acoustics and indoor air quality.
- The light and stronger fiberglass component give 5x better thermal performance compared to an uninsulated door.
- As much as a 20% reduction in perceived noise level.
- Installs in less than 1 hour. It’s easy to install in your garage door. The unique fastening system provides a quick and secure method to hold the panels in each place.
- Flexible material resists denting. Machine washable vinyl surface.
Matador SGDIK001 Garage Door Insulation
Matador Garage Door Insulation kit boasts of high-impact polystyrene panels are made with OEM-grade products used by many garage door manufacturers. The clean laminated look provides a great appearance afterward.
Each kit contains 8 polystyrene lamination panels with an R-value of 4.8 @ 75*F. Installing the insulation kit takes less than an hour with no special tools required.
About this product
- Enjoy a more finished, attractive, and energy-efficient garage, ready for year-round use with the Matador Garage Door Insulation Kit. It easily transforms garage spaces into a workshop, recreation room, or exercise area.
- The 3 Easy Step for installation includes cutting the insulation kit to the proper length and depth between vertical rails, adding the insulation sheet in between, and carefully closing it.
- It fits most standard pan-style 8 ft and 9 ft garage doors.
- Along with adding insulation, it greatly reduces garage door noise.
PLYMOUTH FOAM 7100APIPPCK 6-Pack Poly Insulation Panels
Plymouth Foam is a leading designer and manufacturer of foam products mostly used in packaging, shipping, construction, and display
Plymouth Foam 7100APIPPCK boasts of EPS foam garage door. It’s designed for standard garage doors measuring 7ft tall and 9ft wide. It’s offered in a handy 6-count package. The polystyrene insulation panels are highly durable with strong insulation properties. The panel offers the highest R-value per dollar.
About this product
- With Plymouth foam garage door insulation, you can easily turn your garage space into a workspace, workshop, and gym.
- The EPS foam comprises NASA tech white reflective foam that provides a strong R-value of 8.
- It comes in a 6-count package.
- Made from energy-efficient expanded polystyreneEPS, which is known for its long-lasting R-value, which reduces heating and cooling costs.
Ado Garage Door Insulation Kit
Ado Garage Door Insulation Kit by Ado Products is one of the highly-rated garage door insulation kits. It boasts Fiberglass insulation with an R-value of 8. It fits almost every standard single garage door (9ftx7ft). Along with insulating the garage door, it greatly lessens the garage door noise.
About this product
- 1 kit insulates a 9-ftW x 7-ft garage door. 2 kits are required for a double garage door application.
- Made of 85% recycled fiberglass insulation with an R-value of 8.
- The easy-to-install insulation kit installs in less than an hour.
- The white-facing adds to the overall decor of the garage. It’s machine washable.
- The rugged metal pin installation system provides enough durability.